I wrote a program, but lots of virus program giving alerts and i learn i have to sign my programs with “code signing”. There is lots alternative for code signing, i choice Verisign. There is some steps for signing.
- Buy a code signin certificate. Whole list > (You can also create test certificates using makecert.exe.)
- User Certificate Manager (certmgr.exe) The Certificate Manager is also used to import and export certificates.
- You get some files from CA (Verisign etc.) Save as abc.cer and abc.spc, after we will conver that files to .pfx
- command prompt ;
cert2spc xyz.cer xyz.spc
pvk2pfx -pvk abc.pvk -pi pvkpassword -spc abc.spc -pfx pfxfilename -po pfxpassword -f
- Finally, import your file to certificate store.
- After we can sign our programs.
- You can use wizard but it doesnt work in Win8
Command prompt: signtool signwizard
- Another option;
signtool sign /yourfile.exe
- Dont forget to add timestamp for sign
signtool timestamp -t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/
timstamp.dll yourfile. exe
Here is more details;